All patients are asked to be co-operative and act in a civil and courteous manner. We ask that all patients:
- Inform the practice if they have changed address or telephone number
- Only make appointments you know you can keep
- Read the practice leaflet that provides details of our services
- Be patient if the surgeries are running late
- Please remember that one appointment is for one person
Patients at this practice are entitled to:
- Be treated in a courteous, civil and co-operative manner.
- Be given a clear explanation of, and advice on their medical condition and any proposed treatments.
- A referral for specialist medical opinion or other second opinion when appropriate.
- Absolute confidentiality of medical records maintained by the practice subject to a provision for disclosure imposed or allowed by law.
- Access their own medical records, in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please enquire at reception for details.
- Have any formal/informal complaint against the practice investigated and dealt with fairly in accordance with our complaints procedure.
- Request to be seen by a specific doctor or health care professional. It may not always be possibly to comply with a request where the specific doctor is unavailable.
- Patients aged 16-74 may have a health check every three years by request.
- Patients over the age of 75 may have an annual health check at home if necessary.
The practice adopt a procedure of non tolerance regarding abusive, threatening or aggressive behaviour directed towards the doctors, practice staff or other health care professionals who work with us. Any incident of this nature may result in the patient being removed from the practice list.
The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle. We would respectfully ask that you:
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.